Forde Park

Click for more images

Address/Location

Newton Abbot Devon

Show on map

Contact


This eight acre park was developed in the late 1800`s and attempts to transfer the area from the Queen Anne`s Bounty (an 18th century fund for the poor clergy, later the church commissioners) began in 1922.

It became the property of the town as public pleasure gardens in 1930 and a pavilion was built shortly after. The park is now a conservation area, with its beautiful Luscombe Oaks, seating and tennis courts.

The pavilion has been refurbished by Teignbridge Council in paternership with Devon and Cornwall Police, and the tennis courts and building are to be used for youth sporting activities, a meeting room for local groups and exhibition space for the local community.


Accommodation Features

    Leisure Facilities

      Specialist Features

        Room Features

          Catering

            Dietary Needs

              Children & Infants

                Parking & Transport

                  Payment Methods

                    Staff Languages

                      comments powered by Disqus